[O] Virtualenv and HTML5 Help

From: Thomas Marek
Subject: [O] Virtualenv and HTML5 Help
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 14:17:19 -0600

Hi, I just have a few questions that I couldn't figure out from the FAQ's and manual.

Virtualenv:

I'm trying to execute a python script within a SRC block using a virtual environment instead of my system's python implementation. I have a number of libraries in this virtual environment that I don't have on my system's python (e.g. Matplotlib). Now, I set [ python-shell-virtualenv-path ] to my virtualenv's root directory. When I run [ M-x run-python ] the shell runs from my virtual environment. That is, I can import Matplotlib with no problems. But when I import Matplotlib within a SRC block I get an import error.

  1. How can I have it so the SRC block uses the python in my virtual environment and not my system's python?
  2. Is there any way I can set the path to a given virtual environment automatically when I load an org file?

HTML5 Export:

I'm trying to export my org-files in 'html5', as opposed to the default 'xhtml-strict'. The manual says to set [ org-html-html5-fancy ] to t. I tried searching for [ org-html-html5-fancy ] in [ M-x org-customize ] but I couldn't find it. I tried adding [ (setq org-html-html5-fancy t) ] to my init.el, but nothing happened. I'm not at all proficient in emacs-lisp so my syntax may be wrong. The manual also says I can set [ html5-fancy ] in an options line. I'm not really sure how to do this. I tried [ #+OPTIONS html5-fancy: t ] but it didn't do anything.

  1. How can I export to 'html5' instead of 'xhtml-strict' in org version 7.9.3f and Emacs version 24.3.1?
  2. Is there any way I can view and customize the back-end that parses the org file to produce the html?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

- M