Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before poi

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before point
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:20:55 +0200

Hi Leonard,

Leonard Randall <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried it with a minimal init, having just pulled from master this
> morning. It will work fine on the first line of a file.  But will not
> work on the second. This is what I got:
> ---
> * this is a test
> *
> this is   another
> ---
> As I say M-Ret worked fine on the first line, but inserted a new line
> when called on the second.

I'm having a hard time finding out what you *did* exactly -- can you
describe the way to reproduce the bug from an empty buffer, step by
step?  Something like

1. emacs -q
2. C-x C-f ~/test.org RET
3. [insert "bla"]
4. C-a
5. M-RET

The recipe above is fine for me -- whether "bla" is on the first or
the second line.

Let me know,

--
 Bastien