Re: [O] State of the art in citations

From: Clément B .
Subject: Re: [O] State of the art in citations
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 23:30:19 +0200

Hi John,

This is great ! Way more advanced than anything I have said.

> 2. Clickable cite links. If you have a citation link like
> cite:key1,key2,key3 you can click on key1 and open the bibliography file to
> key1, and you can click on key2 and have it open at key 2. This link would
> export in latex as \cite{key1,key2,key3}. Other cite formats, e.g. citep,
> citep*, etc... are defined too, but are relatively untested. You can also
> use completion to enter a bibtex key.

This was my main concern, glad to see you can treat the different
parts of the links as separate citations, and access their
respective bibtex entry. The completion is very handy too.

> 9. variables to point to a notes file and pdf directory, and functions to
> jump to your notes and the pdf file from a bibtex entry.

I use something similar, but only for the pdf file. I think the
open-in-browser function is implemented in the latest bibtex-mode
(`bibtex-url` bound to C-c C-l).

Bye,

Clément