Re: [O] (OT) How to follow a mailing list with very high activity (like

From: John Hendy
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:28:03 -0500

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM, J. David Boyd <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Apr 16, 2014 2:29 PM, "M" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is off-topic, but I hope that someone can give me some good advice:
>>>
>>> During the last years, I'be become a real org-mode fan and I want to stay
>>> current and be active in the great org-mode community.
>>> I've subscribed to the orgmode mailinglist about 1,5 years ago and so I have
>>>
>>> You really have to be organized very well to deal with so much information!
>>> Is there a tutorial somewhere for good approaches, how to participate
>>>

>> [snip]
>>
>> I must be way simplistic on thus one. I just use gmail.

>> John
>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>

> How do you use Gmail to follow a newsgroup?

Like I said, I'm simple -- I didn't even catch the difference between
mailing list/newsgroup! I only read/reply from gmail, and assumed that
subscribing to the mailing list was sending me all activity from the
newsgroup (though didn't really know there was a difference -- is
there?).

Then again, the OP discusses 17.5k emails in his /inbox/, so he must
be doing the same? Or did he mean POP/IMAP subscription to the group
or RSS into an email program?

John