Re: [O] [RFC] Properly handle keyword + COMMENT keyword

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Properly handle keyword + COMMENT keyword
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:04:26 +0100

Hello,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> does this preserve todo keyword font locking

This is one goal of the patch.

> and sorting?

IIRC, TODO-based sorting refers to `org-todo-keywords-1', which doesn't
include "COMMENT", so I don't think this changes sorting (i.e., sorting
ignores COMMENT keywords).

> does archive work the same way?

I didn't touch to archive tag (but there's some work to do here to, as
a first step, `org-in-archived-heading-p' would be nice). Note that
ARCHIVE is a tag, though.

> i presume it is a coincidence that this message comes after mine which
> mentioned font locking and sorting

No it isn't. Your message recalled me this needed to be fixed.

> as the fix to that message is to not evaluate or export call lines
> that are not supposed to be exported. i would not find this change to
> be a suitable workaround for that.

I do not want to provide a workaround for what I do not consider to be
a bug. Export and Babel are two different parts of Org that happen to
have a non-empty intersection. "No Export" doesn't have to mean "No
Babel" (unless you use a COMMENT keyword, that is).

Anyway that's another topic.

Nicolas Goaziou