Re: [O] [ANN] orgbox: Mailbox-like task scheduling in org-agenda.

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] orgbox: Mailbox-like task scheduling in org-agenda.
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:28:51 +0100

Hello Yasuhito,

Yasuhito Takamiya <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> For your information, to anyone interested in GTD and org-mode,
> I am developing a tiny tool for org-mode to schedule your agenda tasks
> easily like Mailbox iPhone app (http://www.mailboxapp.com/).
>
> https://github.com/yasuhito/orgbox
> (This is already available on MELPA.)
>
> Usage:
>   - Open org-agenda view.
>   - Move your cursor to a task you want to schedule and type C-c C-s
>     (or M-x orgbox).
>   - Select one of the scheduling method from the menu shown on the
>     minibuffer.
>
> - [l] Later Today
> - [e] This Evening
> - [t] Tomorrow
> - [w] This Weekend
> - [n] Next Week
> - [i] In a Month
> - [s] Someday
> - [p] Pick Date
>
> If anyone is interested in being involved in taking this forward,
> that'd be great.

I had a quick look at your code and this looks like a nice idea. I have
a couple comments.

It would be great to be able to configure some of the hard-coded dates
and time, such as:
- later today: number of hours (currently 3)
- start of evening: currently 18:00
- start of day: currently 08:00
- start of weekend: currently Saturday (you could use
  `org-agenda-weekend-days' as you are doing for the `orgbox-weekend-p'
  predicate)
- start of week: currently Monday, at 08:00
- someday: currently in 3 months

I don't know how difficult it would be to make these user configurable.
In any case, I find this is a very useful addition to scheduling in org
mode.

Thanks,

Alan