[O] Exporting LaTeX source blocks with HTML backend

From: Xavier Garrido
Subject: [O] Exporting LaTeX source blocks with HTML backend
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:43:10 +0100

Dear Orgers,

I am facing one issue when I am exporting from orgmode to html. I like to write LaTeX code within #+BEGIN_SRC latex ... #+END_SRC block mainly to take benefit/advantage of the syntax highlighting (debugging long LaTeX equations is "simpler"). The problem is that these code blocks are not exported at all by the html export backend whereas the LaTeX backend does. Of course, an easy solution will be to remove the #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC lines and both latex and html exporters will just do it right. But, as I said, syntax highlighting is really useful and I can't imagine living without it.

I have tried different things from adding a "before parsing hook" which delete lines containing #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC (then I get problem with other source block such as 'sh' that I want to be exported to 'pre' code in html) to trying to play with filters (so far, I do not get any getting LaTeX source block when exporting to html).

As a summary I would like to do the following

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Test LaTeX block
Syntax highlighting is always nice but the following block is not exported in html. An option will be to remove the #+BEGIN_SRC latex/#+END_SRC lines

  #+BEGIN_SRC latex
    \begin{align*}
    x&=x\\
    y&=y
    \end{align*}
  #+END_SRC

* Test shell block
Here, I would like to keep the following source block as it is to get it exported properly by html backend (namely as <pre> code)
  #+BEGIN_SRC sh
    uname -a
  #+END_SRC
#+END_SRC