Re: [O] link interfering with brackets when abbreviated

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] link interfering with brackets when abbreviated
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:32:44 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes.  In the meantime, other users' voices can help us step back and
> see things differently.

I used to have outcommented (w3m-browse-url ...) links in my init.el
file, and I could evaluate them when I wanted to look-up something
although they were outcommented:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; *** Package Manager
;; (w3m-browse-url "https://github.com/dimitri/el-get#readme";)
[...]
#+end_src

So, although I understand Nicolas reasoning very well and agree with
him for the most part, from a practical point of view I would like
links to work even when commented out (like Bastien and others). But
if the price for this would be Nicolas abandoning the parser/exporter
development I would say that this would be a VERY BAD DEAL for
Org-mode.

Just my 2c

--
cheers,