Re: [O] List of figures

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] List of figures
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:48:13 +0100

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe I am missing something, what would the utility of #+toc: figures be?
> Is it only for export?
>
> I would make a link:  [[elisp:org-list-of-figures]] where
> org-list-of-figures is an emacs-lisp function that would parse the buffer
> and present you with a list of clickable links to the figures. You could
> alternatively make this a new org-link, so you could also specify how it
> exports, eg.
>
> [[lof:click-me][List of Figures]]
>
> That would be pure org-markup, and make org more useful, and it would also
> happen to support LaTeX export too. I guess you would recognize figures as
> extensions in the file links.

This is more like org-toc.el, though I'm not sure if it can be
configured to pick up figures.

Using org-element it should be at least be relatively easy to pick up
the structure of the document, though I think the reftex/org-toc way
of displaying such structure is superior to something tied to a
specific line in the buffer (I may want to jump to somewhere from the
bottom of my file).

—Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone