Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] Timestamps in properties not exported by icalendar exporter
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:38:42 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden> writes:
>> These entries show up in the agenda just fine, but the icalendar
>> exporter does not export it because the timestamp is in the properties
>> (the gnus-icalendar package puts it there so that you can easily change
>> it if the organizer decides to change the event and sends a change
>> request).
>>
>> The exporter could of course simply take the first timestamp it finds in
>> the properties, but it could be the wrong one; for instance, there could
>> be a LOGBOOK timestamp before the one in DT. Hence I think it would be
>> nice if you could tell the exporter which property to use as timestamp
>> during export.
>
> Can't you just walk the buffer and turn such properties into plain
> time-stamps (or scheduled, deadline...), in a hook?

Yes, I could do that for my specific setup. But it would be nice if this
stuff could "just work", so that things like Outlook calendar invites
can be directly exported to .ics.

I mean, those entries show up in the agenda, so I found it rather
surprising that they are completely ignored by the exporter. I think it
would make sense if the exporter also looked for time-stamps in the
properties. Maybe it could just take the first one it finds (which I
guess is what the agenda does?), and also give the user the ability to
configure which properties to look at (or maybe an exclude option).

-David