Re: [O] Nested ordered lists?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] Nested ordered lists?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:07:55 +0900

Hello,
** Peter Davis [2014-01-21 15:45:05 -0500]:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:37:53PM -0800, Josiah Schwab wrote:

>>> but my html output had all list items numbered.

>> Please read
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#sec-11-5

> Thank you, Josiah.

> That does explain it.

> It would be nice if there were CSS classes for various numbering
> schemes:

> org-ol-1
> org-ol-A
> org-ol-a
> org-ol-i

> etc.  Meanwhile, I'll make do.

You may use CSS when exporting to HTML. Let's take this small example:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
1) First item of high level
  1. First item of sublevel;
  2. second item of sublevel.
2) Second item of high level
  1. First item of sublevel, following next high level item;
  2. second item of sublevel.

Best regards.
#+END_EXAMPLE

With the following CSS high level items are numbered with digits but items of
sublevel are numbered with letters

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
ol[class="org-ol"] {
  list-style-type: decimal;
}

ol[class="org-ol"] * ol[class="org-ol"] {
  list-style-type: lower-alpha;
}
#+END_EXAMPLE

Of course, it would be much easier if "items" of different levels have
different classes.

> Thanks!

> -pd

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at
your side.