Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting with left bracket [8.2.3c (8.2.3c-elpa @ /Users/jdegenhardt/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20131115/)]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:39:10 +0000

Hello and apologies for jumping uninvited into this thread.

I very often make use of the [] feature in itemised lists to change
individual bullet points, for instance.  I would not like this feature
to disappear: it would break many of my documents, especially my beamer
presentations.

In fact, I had started preparing an email to ask the check lists make
use of this feature to make these lists look nicer when exported to
LaTeX.  For instance, if we have

  - [ ] not yet done
  - [X] this has been done

the exporter currently generates

    \item $\square$ not yet done
    \item $\boxtimes$ this has been done

I would like to have this instead which looks much nicer:

    \item [$\square$] not yet done
    \item [$\boxtimes$] this has been done

Try it and see how much nicer the list looks...

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.2.4-322-gece429