Re: [O] working on cloud

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] working on cloud
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 18:35:48 -0500

I keep my .emacs.d in a Dropbox folder. I start emacs with an alias like this:
"C:\Users\jkitchin\Documents\v3 - My Box Files\06-625\emacs-24.3\bin\runemacs.exe" -q -l "C:\Users\jkitchin\Dropbox\.emacs.d\init.el"

I run prelude inside that .emacs.d

this lets me run the same setup on three windows machines, and one linux machine. Dropbox does a pretty good job of keeping it synced.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> wrote:
Le mer. 08 janv. 2014 à 07:59:50 , Renato <address@hidden> a
envoyé ce message:
> Hi,
> I'm learning emacs (as you probabily know :-)).
> I have:
> - one pc at home (linux Debian)
> - one at work (windows)
>
> I would like to use the same configuration.
> Now, I have my .org file on the cloud (so I can access it from anywhere)
> But I'm  starting to edit also the config file:
> on Win it is:
> init.el
>
> on linux is
> emacs
>
> so...How can I have a centralized instalation of emacs? Or, better: Is
> it possible?
>
> TIA
>
> Renato

Hi,

Yes it is possible. It seems to me that now the best with emacs24 is
to adopt the same configuration file  with an init.el with the following
path:

/home/your_home/.emacs.d/init.el

the  folder .emacs.d/  is automatically  created when  you start  for the
first time your emacs in your Debian.

I do  not know how things  works in Windows,  because I do not  use this
O.S.

Windows users in this list - it  they are ;) - will probably complete my
reply.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,

Jo.