Re: [O] Implementing Org-mode tools in languages other than ELISP

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Implementing Org-mode tools in languages other than ELISP
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:47:08 -0500

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

>> I dream of having a general Python parser for Org mode files, knowing
>> every bit about the current syntax for Org files, surrounded by enough
>> Python machinery to make it useful.

> Try PyOrgMode (https://github.com/bjonnh/PyOrgMode), it works for some
> files (but still needs corrections: it crashes with date formats, with
> bold markers, etc.).

Hi, Daniel.  As Karl points out (in a kind way), PyOrgMode is rather far
from "knowing every bit about the current syntax for Org files".  My
feeling is that this effort should be restarted afresh.

> You don't need a Lisp interpreter written in Python, only Python code
> that understands org syntax without getting confused.

Well, I would prefer a Python-only solution, rather than requiring Emacs
and using it under the scene.

François