Re: [O] emphasis inside source block?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] emphasis inside source block?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:55:28 +0100

On 12/09/13, 22:36 , David Rogoff wrote:
> Sorry if this has been discussed but I wasn’t able to find info on
> it. I have lots of source blocks in my org files (tcl, verilog,
> shell-script, etc).  I want to be able to highlight (e.g. *bold*)
> text in the code but this doesn’t work since it’s using the
> specified language mode instead of org mode.  Is there some way to
> use a minor mode within source blocks that would allow this?  It’s
> become a big problem in generating documentation.

I don't think so - as any code in the source blocks can be executed
(C-c C-c) or tangled into executable code, so any markup would
interfere with these processes.

Although I do think it would be quite useful, I guess it would be
really difficult to implement in a consistent way between different
code blocks with different languages.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Thanks,