Re: [O] imaxima babel

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] imaxima babel
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:42:21 -0500

<address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

>> Finally, and it's a nitpick: breaking lines in the middle of (info ...)
>> links prevents following them using "C-x C-e".
>>
> Actually, I never used these sort of links myself, thanks for pointing
> out how this is done! :) I moved all infolinks to footnotes to avoid the
> line breaks.

Just a clarification: you cannot break the *string* argument but
newlines in other places are fine:

      (info
         "(org) The Spreadsheet")

works fine, but

      (info
         "(org) The
Spreadsheet")

does not: the second string is not the same as the first one, since it
includes a newline. OTOH, you can escape the newline:

      (info
         "(org) The \
Spreadsheet")

works fine.

The point is that all of this follows from the properties of
strings. Just go to the *scratch* buffer and evaluate some
expressions:

(string-equal "a b" "a \
b")

(string-equal "a b" "a