[O] Split source block at point

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: [O] Split source block at point
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:15:03 +0100

Hello together,

is therer a command or a function that lets me split a source block at a
given position?  I think what I mean is best demonstrated by looking at
an example:

Given this buffer:
begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun foo ()
    (bar))

  (baz (foo))
end_src

With point somewhere at the free line I want to invoke the split
function and get this:
begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun foo ()
    (bar))
end_src

begin_src emacs-lisp
  (baz (foo))
end_src
This is similar to what M-RET does in message-mode.

Do we already have something like this in org? And if not, do you think
this is useful? Personally I find myself quite frequently splitting up
soure blocks manually.

Best regards,
--
 Alexander Baier