Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 11:38:00 +0530

Uwe

> r2ltableorg.org is the org file and displays the text as
> intended. However not all of the text was written in logical order by
> GNU emacs, but copied from some other sources.

I am venturing in to the wild here and it will take multiple iterations
for me to even get a "feel" for what needs to be happen.  I am not even
sure what is right or wrong here.  Anyways...

Further to our exchange on the emacs-devel list,

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-11/msg00134.html

I see that the file you passed me has no bi-directional markers
whatsoever.  I think presence of markers would affect how libreoffice
would layout the table.

I suggest that you pass me an Org file, that has the right
bidi-paragraph-direction (as a local variable) and has the right set of
bidi markers.

(Furthermore, explicitly mark the org file as utf-8 coded.  I am not
sure what coding system the attachment is coded to.  When I view the
attachment in Gnus, I only see the latin characters.)

As for getting the table cells laid right, try this out.

1. Export a hebrew.org file to hebrew.odt
2. Open the .odt file in LibreOffice.

   F11->Page Style->Default Page Style->Page->Text Direction->Set it to
   "Right to Left".

   I think that this would set the predominant direction of your
   document.  I believe, it would correspond to bidi-paragraph-direction
   setting.

3. File->Save as->somefile.ott

   Now in your hebrew.org file, add this directive

   #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "hebrew.ott"

   This will make the exported document an R2L document.

4. Export again.  See what happens

(The process is the same for setting your preferred font.)