Re: [O] how to handle svg files when exporting orgmode to html and pdf?

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: Re: [O] how to handle svg files when exporting orgmode to html and pdf?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:18:19 +0000

Thomas, Suvayu, Aaron, Nick, Eric, Carsten, Phil, et al,

Hi again!

Can I re-open this thread to discuss two new issues I now experience with emacs
24.3.1 and orgmode version 8.2.1 in the handling of svg => tex => pdf ?

Here goes:

1) If the plot has text in it which contains a percent character (%), then we
fail due to https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/857231

2) If the :file is in a sub-directory  (for example, `:file fig/mtcars.svg`),
even though both ./fig/mtcars.pdf_tex  and ./fig/mtcars.pdf are created, the
reference to the .pdf in the .pdf_tex  is not interpreted relative to the
subdirectory, but rather to the parent, and so the .pdf is not found.

The workaround for (1) is to not use '%' as a label on my plots.

The workaround for (2) is to not put my figures in a './fig/' subdirectory.

I suppose the fix for (1) is to get the inkscape export 'fixed' to (optionally)
escape the labels, and to take the option.  Thoughts?

I suppose the fix for (2) is somewhere in the org code.  Any takers?

Or, any other fixes suggested?

Thanks!

Malcolm