Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:47:16 +0200

Torsten Wagner writes:

> Thunderlink (a thunderbird plugin), instead is able to fetch the
> message-id, which is unique and independent on the mail position. If
> there is an interest to extend the drag and drop to emails, I could
> ask the developer of thunderlink if there is a way to change the drag
> and drop url to the message-id e.g. with the help of his plugin.
> Thunderlink itself works already quite well with org-mode. The newest
> version on git-hub allows to create direct org-mode links which one
> could simply copy and paste from the clipboard. Guess only a small
> amount of work would be needed to make it drag and drop ready too.

That's interesting. Last year I finally switched to mu4e after many
happy years with Thunderbird, in large part so I could finally store
robust links to messages from Org. If there's a solution for Thunderbird
I imagine many people would be glad to hear about it. (I don't think
I'll go back, though; mu4e rocks.)

Christian