Re: [O] Problem with automatic recursive adding of org-agenda-files

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with automatic recursive adding of org-agenda-files
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:32:34 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Tor Eriksson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have searched the web without finding a solution to the following
>> problem:
>>
>> I am using this snippet in my .emacs.d (using emacs starterkit) to
>> dynamically and recursively load all org files in the directory
>> "important-directory" and any subdirectory of this directory:
>>
>> (load-library "find-lisp")
>> (setq org-agenda-files (find-lisp-find-files
>> "/home/user/important-directory" "\.org$"))
>>
>> The snippet comes from http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html
>>
>> This set-up has worked fine for more than two years; every time I add
>> a new subdirectory with an .org file, this file gets picked up for
>> the agenda.
>
> I don't know why that's not working, but I'm doing this:
>
> (setq org-agenda-files '("~/org/"))
>
> And it works out fine. It will pick up all files under that directory
> that match `org-agenda-file-regexp', which defaults as everything ending
> in ".org". You might try that with "/home/user/important-directory/"?

IIUC, this does not do a recursive enumeration though...

> FWIW, I don't even have a `find-lisp-find-files' function in my
> installation (GNU Emacs 24.3.1).

...whereas this does (I gather - I don't have find-lisp-find-files
either, so it's probably some add-on that the OP installed).

Back to the original problem: does

      (find-lisp-find-files "/home/user/important-directory" "\.org$")

enumerate the "missing" file? What does it return?

--
Nick