Re: [O] LaTeX math mode and export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX math mode and export
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:43:41 +0200

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> \[\begin{array}{c}
>   \begin{array}{|c|c|c|}
>     \hline
>     \delta_{1} & 0 &  1 \\
>     \hline
>     p & \{p, q\} & \{q\} \\
>     \hline
>     q & \{r\} & \{q, r\} \\
>     \hline
>     r & \{s\} & \{p\} \\
>     \hline
>     s & \{s\} & \{p\} \\
>     \hline
>   \end{array}
> \]

This isn't correct syntax: "\begin{array}{|c|c|c|}...\end{array}" is
parsed as a latex environment, so it breaks the paragraph you started
the line before. You can use "\begin{equation}" instead of "\[".

> - \(\min(x,y)\) , \(\max(x,y)\)
> - \(\operatorname{Prime}(x) = \left\{ \begin{array}{cl} 1 & \text{ if }
>   x \text{ is prime } \\ 0 & \text{ if } x \text{ is not prime }
> \end{array} \right. \)

The last line is not correctly indented: it doesn't belong to the last
item and therefore, the math snippets is not recognized.

> 2 - Quoting of {} may also happen in unwanted places. If I write a complex
> author line like :
>
> #+AUTHOR: \IEEEauthorblockN{Foo, Bar} \IEEEauthorblockA{ Somewhere\\ Over
> the Rainbow \\ Email: \{foo,address@hidden } \and \IEEEauthorblockN{foobar}
> \IEEEauthorblockA{somewhere else \\ Email: address@hidden

You cannot write raw non-math LaTeX in an Org buffer (unless it is also
an entity). You ought to use export snippets, i.e., @@latex:...@@.

> Another related question also : did anybody managed to hilghlight LaTeX
> equations inside org-mode ?

See `org-highlight-latex-and-related'.

Nicolas Goaziou