Re: [O] org mode R remote code evaluation

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org mode R remote code evaluation
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:15:10 -0600

> Alexander Vorobiev <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>
> Hi Alex,
>
>> The patch seems to be working, the only thing I noticed is having
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/setup-cygwin.el loaded together with
>> the patched ob-core.el makes tramp prepend "/cygwin" to /tmp/. When I
>> disabled (require 'setup-cygwin) the patch works as expected. Outside
>> of org/babel setup-cygwin has no effect on Tramp.
>
> This problem does not seem to be related to org-mode code. Could
> somebody, please, commit my patch to org's repository? Thanks.

I'd rather not hard-code the value of "/tmp/".  Perhaps you could rework
the patch so that it introduces a new customizable variable (including a
documentation string) so that users can set the value for their system.

If you can keep the patch under 15LOC we can include it w/o requiring
FSF copyright assignment, otherwise see [1] for contribution details.
Also, please package the patch with git format-patch.

Thanks,

> I will try to find out what's up with Tramp and Cygwin. Sadly, it has
> been a misalliance very often :-(
>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>
> Best regards, Michael.