Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating

From: Nicolas Girard
Subject: Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating package?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:45:20 +0200

2013/9/25 Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>:

> On 19.9.2013, at 11:38, Nicolas Girard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I actually have some working code that does this. It lies in a file I
>> named 'minimal.tex', which I include into all my latex code using
>>  \input{minimal}\makeatletter
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> of I were to include this code not via \input, but directly, somewhere in the
> header,
> is there something special with makeatletter/makeatother that I have to do?

Good morning Carsten,

Despite being silent, I didn't forget about this thread ;-)

I came to think that, having a piece of code that brings
cross-compatibility between the 3 engines would be of interest to
people outside of the Org community. But this is not trivial,
especially if the code has to work with older TeX distributions (a
reasonable expectation would be that it works with, say, TeXlive 2011
and TeXlive 2012).

For instance, one difficulty is language specifics. pdflatex has Babel
; xelatex has polyglossia ; and lualatex didn't have any equivalent
package until a recent version of polyglossia that comes with the most
recent TeX distributions.

For these reasons, I would like to submit this question, with my code
as a starting point, to the tex.stackexchange.com community, so that
it is peer reviewed and we hopefully get something solid. I'm
currently working on it and intend to post either today or tomorrow.
Stay tuned !

Cheers,
Nicolas