[O] Spurious exporting of text before first header

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Spurious exporting of text before first header
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:58:28 -0400

Hi, Org people.

This is an old annoyance of the Org exporter, yet I'm not sure what
would be its best resolution.

Whenever I use :export: tags on headers within an Org file, I expect
only those headers and their contents to be exported (to HTML in my
case), and almost nothing else, which I then consider private.

However, if I have text and other contents prior to the first header of
a file, those contents are indeed exported, while I would prefer not.

Of course, #+TITLE and some other directives prior to the first header
should be honored for their effect.  One might surely debate on the best
way to handle #+INCLUDE directive.

I wish the above comments might generate either a correction in Org, or
an advice for me! :-)

François

P.S. Some might suggest me that I avoid text prior to the first header.
Surely, I have hundreds of Org files and for them all, have some
personal conventions for their format and structure.  For regularity
reasons, I would much like to continue having private initial text.