Re: [O] Index of cases

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Index of cases
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 05:41:07 +1000

Paul Rudin writes:

> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> My real problem is that I don't know how to generate the multiple indexes
>> that
>> I need if I use org mode. Everything else is easy. Any potential solution
>> that
>> I see involves adding lots more markup, but if I do that I might as well
>> stick
>> with LaTeX.
>
> I'm not sure that needs to be the case. I don't use org-mode for LaTeX
> documents, but a bit of boiler-plate to generate the indexes shouldn't
> be too tricky. A good starting point is the manual for biblatex oscola
> package - which shows you to get your case, statute etc. tables with
> relatively little effort.
> <http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex-contrib/oscola/oscola.pdf>

Oscola is good and approaches the problem by maintaining a bibtex
database of cases. I maintain a plain text file of my cases and retrieve
them with a custom built function. I'm not sure that the resulting
markup in the manuscript is much more readable with Oscola, but I need
to look into it further.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan