Re: [O] org-insert-heading rewritten from scratch

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-insert-heading rewritten from scratch
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:42:20 +0200

Hi Carsten

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have rewritten org-insert-heading, because it had become an unmaintainable
> beast.
> Please follow up in this thread if you find problems with the new
> implementation.
> Very likely there will be bugs, but now I am at least confident they can be
> fixed.

On the way of rewiring my muscle memory from C-RET to M-RET for some
cases, I stumbled across this:

#+DRAWERS: MyStructuredDrawer
:MyStructuredDrawer:
- a
:END:

To insert a new item I once changed to use C-RET also on items. How is
one supposed to do this now within a drawer? M-RET just inserts an
empty line. I would like to suggest the attached patches with an ERT.
They change (fix?) org-meta-return to insert a new item in this case.

About the following different issue I don't care as much and only
wanted to report: C-RET before any headline when within a drawer, or
generally before any headline(?), could bark instead of changing to a
headline leading to invalid Org syntax within a drawer.

Michael