Re: [O] syntax for blocks that the exporter should not render?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] syntax for blocks that the exporter should not render?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:51:40 -0400

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carsten,

>>> So in a way this is a "syntax error" message. :)
>>>
>>> OK, I get that point.  Is that behaviour documented?
>>
>> I think it is more of a "I don't recognise this as special syntax; it
>> must be text".  In that case, I'm not sure what can be documented, one
>> can have infinitely many text blurbs which look very similar to valid
>> Org syntax but isn't.
>>
>> I have noticed quite a few posts on the list with this kind of
>> misunderstanding.  I think the confusion arises from thinking of special
>> keywords like "#+options:", "#+attr_latex:", etc as comments.  AFAIU,
>> they are not.  Lines starting with "#+" are possible keywords, whereas
>> lines starting with "# " are comments.

(sorry, posted my last msg before I saw the more recent contributions)
So how would you suggest org2blog keep track of the relationship
between local and uploaded files?
Should it define a new keyword (perhaps" #+remote:" )?  And if so how
is that best done? Quickly looking at "Export Options (12.2) in the
manual I don't see a built-in mechanism for defining backend-specific
options.  Something like "#+ATTR_BLOG: remote" might do the trick, but
adding multiple links to such a line would be cumbersome, wouldn't it?

Thanks again for your help clarifying this.