Re: [O] asynchronous code evaluation

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: [O] asynchronous code evaluation
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:59:05 -0400

On 09/04/2013 09:23 AM, Johannes Rainer wrote:

> well, I'm using emacs/org for my data analyses in R. I thus combine
> documentation (i.e. the conclusions drawn from e.g. plots created in R)
> and the R code to perform the analysis in my org file. Since I'm
> analysing high throughput data some tasks to handle the data are quite
> time consuming.

In the past, I have solved that problem by adding a makefile in the
directory, which produces a separate fragment to be consumed/included by
the org file.  Make based on the updated data, publish based on the
static outuput of the make process.

If you let the sim run "in the background" while you edit, you'll likely
get to a point, whilst tweaking or such, that you have dispatched
several long-running jobs in parallel, and only care about the last
result.  That's probably counterproductive. :)

- Allen S. Rout