Re: [O] orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate

From: Gian-Maria Daffré
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate orgmode to capture ideas/data
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:08:04 +0200

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all
>
> im currently in Basel in a Academic conference and was thinking how one
> would "absorb" all the torrents of ideas/data/images/conversations quickly
> into org mode :) does any one have any real life experience with this? do
> you use mobile-org or that, or another method?
> i have an andorid phone/tablet and a laptop as well so i was wondering if
> any one had any ideas?
>
> in a perfect world i would use my tablet to capture text etc and phone to
> capture images/posters/quick ideas and have them all automatically sync to
> my org mode file but i know that wishful thinking
>
> best
>
> Itai

Mostly I do it with mindmaps.

Either directly on paper using the bic 4 color ballpoint pen [1]

Otherwise use org-mode and then export it into freemind C-c C-e m
(org-export-as-freemind)

I have seen that Vym (view your mind) has a experimental export function
to org-mode. I have never tested it though.

Best,
Giammi

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.bicworld.com/en/products/details/18/4-color

--
I kindly ask you not to send me attachments in proprietary file
formats, use open standards like PDF, HTML, RTF or plain text.