[O] orgmode.org is missing a link to the split HTML manual

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] orgmode.org is missing a link to the split HTML manual
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:37:48 +0800

Is there a reason why the org-manual's index is not linked from the head
orgmode.org page?

Under orgmode.org/#docs, the link to the HTML manual is
http://orgmode.org/org.html, which downloads the entire contents of the manual
into the browser. This is perhaps tolerable on a full-size computer, but if I
want to check something using the browser on my tablet, the
huge/immense/massive page grinds my tablet to a halt. This index works
beautifully, though:

http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html

I think it might be helpful if the main org page gave users the choice whether
they want to download the whole manual as one page, or browse separate pages
for the various sections and subsections.

hjh