Re: [O] Yet another literate programming application

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Yet another literate programming application
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:08:21 -0600

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Or rather, I should say a literate algebra and calculating application:
> http://calca.io/

If this is appealing, it may be worth checking out the "Embedded Mode"
of Emacs calc [1].  From what I can tell on the calc.io website, Emacs
calc provides the same functionality, but Emacs calc has the benefits of
(1) it is open source meaning you can confirm calculations and your
answers (in my opinion a must for any peer reviewed publication), and
(2) it may be embedded in *any* type of file.

> I'd really like to be able to call such an engine from org-mode. (And
> I'm secretly hoping something will say that $some_programming_language
> already does it and is fully integrating with org.)

Yes, you can use calc embedded mode in Org-mode files as well.

> Alan

Cheers,

Footnotes:
[1]  (info "(calc)Embedded Mode")