[O] [bug?] org-latex-table-caption-above has no effect

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] [bug?] org-latex-table-caption-above has no effect
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:56:38 -0400

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems to be a regression.

According to [1], the customization variable org-latex-table-caption-above was
added to allow table captions to come underneath the table. I can't see any
indication that the variable has been deprecated, but in my environment, it has
no effect at all.

I've set the variable to nil:

org-latex-table-caption-above is a variable defined in `ox-latex.el'.
Its value is nil

However, when I use the following minimal example, the exported LaTeX code
places the \caption{} before the tabular environment.

~~
#+DATE: <2013-07-23 Tue>
#+LATEX_CLASS: article

* Heading
#+CAPTION: A table
#+NAME: table1
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :starred t :options [htb]
#+BEGIN_table
| Row 1 | Something      |
| Row 2 | Something else |
#+END_table
~~

Actual exported LaTeX (excluding preamble, with comment added by hand):

~~
\section{Heading}
\label{sec-1}
\begin{table*}[htb]