Re: [O] Handling Repeating events from google calendar / repeater interv

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] Handling Repeating events from google calendar / repeater interval
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 08:38:14 +0200

It's not exactly answering your question but my little tool

https://github.com/simonthum/ical2org

handles these.

HTH,

Simon

On 07/08/2013 05:00 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote:
I'm experimenting using ical2org.sh to import google calendars.  One
limitation, as noted in the header is:

# - does process RRULE recurring events, but ignores COUNT specifiers

so if you have a repeating event in google (e.g. every day for four
week), the ics file has:

RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=4

The script will take the first day of the event, but not the remaining
three days.  I think this could be solved in a couple of ways:

1. create four events, moving the date by one each time.

2. extending the syntax of timestamps so that something like:

           * Pick up Sam at school
             <2007-05-16 Wed 12:30 3+1w>

means repeat this event 3 times (rather than indefinitely).  Or "+1w:3"
or something similar, I don't mind the syntax as long as it doesn't
break other parts of timestamps.

Has extending the syntax of the repeater interval been considered to
allow finite number of repeats?  I can offer to code something up for
consideration if this sounds sensible.

Thanks, Stephen