Re: [O] orgstruct: broken global visibility cycling, when in comments

From: Nathaniel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [O] orgstruct: broken global visibility cycling, when in comments
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:48:42 -0500

Thanks to Christopher Schmidt for solving my problem:

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Nathaniel Cunningham <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm attempting to use orgstruct minor mode in emacs-lisp-mode (org 8.0.3 in recent Aquamacs and in vanilla Emacs 24.3.1).  I find:
- cycling an individual headline using tab key works fine
- global cycling via S-Tab (when on a headline) to more expanded visibility (e.g. OVERVIEW --> CONTENTS or CONTENTS --> SHOW ALL) works fine
- global cycling via S-Tab (when on a headline) to more limited visibility fails without error (echo area still reports OVERVIEW or CONTENTS, etc.)

I have orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp set to "^;;".
Note that this value for the prefix (actually the version with a space, "^;; ") is suggested by the Org manual for version 8.0.3

Christopher pointed out that "orgstruct-mode implicitly starts the real regexp that is used for headline matching with a ^.  Your additional ^ breaks the regexp."
I verify that setting orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp to ";;" (or ";; " with a space) solves the problem.

Thank you Christopher!
--Nathaniel