Re: [O] empty LaTeX export template

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] empty LaTeX export template
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:01:36 +0200

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:31:39AM +0200, Andreas Leha wrote:
>>
>> So I'd like to ask: Is there a possibility to get a really empty LaTeX
>> export that reads everything (including the documentclass) from the
>> #+LATEX_HEADER ?
>>
>> The reason for this is, that many journals/conferences come with their
>> own LaTeX template (if I am lucky, that is).  It would be very
>> convenient, if I could just yank the provided header into my *.org
>> file (and prefix with #+LATEX_HEADER).
>
> I think you can just define a minimal class in org-latex-classes;
> something like
>
>   \documentclass{article}
>   [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
>   [NO-PACKAGES]
>   [EXTRA]
>
> Then none of the packages listed in org-latex-default-packages-alist and
> org-latex-packages-alist are included, and only the
> #+LATEX_HEADER(_EXTRA) keywords are considered.
>
> Hope this helps,

Hi Suvayu,

this did help, indeed.  Thanks a lot.  I did not think it was that easy.

I found, that I can just omit the documentclass from the
org-latex-classes.

So, now I have:
(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
             '("bare"
               "
\[NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
\[NO-PACKAGES]
\[EXTRA]"
               ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
               ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
               ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")))

This should work in most cases.

To use this I do:
#+LATEX_CLASS: bare
#+LATEX_HEADER: % everything from the template

One problem remains, though:  orgmode keeps messing with the title.

I can, of course, set the title through #+TITLE: but I would prefer to
set it through some #+LATEX_HEADER as the templates often require their
own title setting directives.

So, my follow-up question is:  How can I get orgmode to not fiddle with
the title in a LaTeX export?

Regards,
Andreas