Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 20:52:30 +0200

 >> Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
 >> on Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:05:32 -0600 wrote:

[...]

 >> May be then:  org-babel-current-src-block-location?
 >>

 > How about the shorter `org-babel-current-src-block'?  It is somewhat
 > more ambiguous, but the only reasonable options would be location or
 > name, and not every code block has a name.  I think the added brevity is
 > worth the ambiguity, but I'm not strongly committed either way.

I personally find it quite confusing.  Babel names that contain
src-block semantically refer to the whole thing. This one refers to the
pointer. If brevity is very important I would rather drop "current":

    `org-babel-src-block-location'

or probably even more suggestive:

    `org-babel-src-block-beginning'.

    Vitalie