Re: [O] [New Exporter] org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook

From: Michael Bach
Subject: Re: [O] [New Exporter] org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:59:16 +0200

To minimize risk of eye cancer (previous version was sent from gmail
web interface at work without plain text setting) here it goes again:

> Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:

>> But I have a problem with the exporter:
>>
>> I have modified by org-exporter to export latex-files with the xelatex
>> compiler. The implementation uses the
>> "org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook"-hook to reconfigure the
>> default process, however, this hook seems to be deleted and I'm not
>> able to find equivalent hook.

> Isn't it sufficient to customize `org-latex-pdf-process' so it uses
> xelatex?

I assume Søren is using a similar snippet [1] as I do which is very
convenient (credit goes to Bruno Tavernier). This approach lets you
specify a #+LATEX_CMD (think of xelatex, -shell-escape, etc.) on a per
file basis and allows LaTeX package 'injection'.

Is there a hook that is run before actual LaTeX export of a given
org-mode buffer in the new exporter engine?

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-10/msg00218.html