Re: [O] bug in new exporter

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] bug in new exporter
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:45:43 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Just a heads-up: As part of testing this, I stumbled on an unrelated
> current-working-directory problem, where on exporting to pdf, the
> pdflatex of the produced tex file fails to find an image file specified
> with a relative pathname (it works fine with an absolute path name). The
> tex file looks OK and I can process it from the command line. I'll try
> to pin this down more precisely, but do I understand correctly that the
> processing of the tex file should take place with the current working
> directory set to the directory of the org file?

The problem was that I had customized my org-latex-pdf-process to the
texi2dvi recommended value:

         texi2dvi -p -b -c -V %f

The -c (equivalently: --clean or --build=clean) breaks relative paths
because texi2dvi executes in a different directory. The *Org PDF LaTeX
Output* buffer shows

  /usr/bin/texi2dvi: cd /home/nick/src/org/latex/foo.t2d/pdf/build

whereas the org file was in /home/nick/src/org/latex.

If you use texi2dvi, beware of -c (and also --tidy I presume).

So nothing to do with org, but maybe the customization option should not
include the -c.
--
Nick