Re: [O] scale inline images in orgmode

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: [O] scale inline images in orgmode
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 14:10:30 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> AW <alexander.willand <at> t-online.de> writes:
>
> > If I include an image in an *.org file, let's say [[large-image.jpg]], I
can
> > toggle the inline image with C-c C-x C-v .
>
> You can now (from git master) use `org-image-actual-width'.
>
> (setq org-image-actual-width 300)
>   => always resize inline images to 300 pixels
>
> (setq org-image-actual-width '(400))
>   => if there is a #+ATTR.*: width="200", resize to 200,
>      otherwise resize to 400
>
> (setq org-image-actual-width nil)
>   => if there is a #+ATTR.*: width="200", resize to 200,
>      otherwise don't resize
>
> (setq org-image-actual-width t)
>   => Never resize and use original width (the default)
>
> HTH,

Hello!

I am searching for a while now for a solution to get image scaling inside
the org-mode buffer working /on Windows/. After installing GnuWin32 at least
displaying the various image types works, but scaling does not.

I assume the problem simply is missing ImageMagick-support in the Windows
binaries. Any idea, how to get it? Or how to check whether emacs was
compiled with ImageMagick support and just can't find DLLs on my system?

Note: I am also trying a while now to get emacs compiling from source, but
there are so many problems popping up, that I barely see a chance to get
this working.

I am using
  org-mode 8.0.3-15-g030e96-elpa
  GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
  Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit

kind regards, Klaus