[O] performance of exporting large tables

From: D M German
Subject: [O] performance of exporting large tables
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:24:10 -0700

hi everybody,

I have a table with 15 columns and 500 rows. One of the columns is a
URL.

org-mode is hanging while exporting the table. It does not seem to
crash, but it is taking a significant amount of time. The worst part is
that it does not appear to be linear.

80 rows -> 17 seconds
160 rows (same 80 rows duplicated) -> 58 seconds

160 rows, 8 columns -> 21 seconds (it seems to not matter which columns
there are).

I wonder if this is expected behaviour. Given that org does not sort the
tables, why does the time increase non-linearly to the size of the
table?

If interested, I can make the table available.

thanks a lot!

--daniel

--
Daniel M. German                  "And ye shall know the truth,
   John 8:32 ->                    and the truth shall make you free."