Re: [O] BMCOL column width as absolute?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] BMCOL column width as absolute?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 08:48:34 +0800

On May 15, 2013 12:41 AM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi, in the new beamer exporter, are there any plans to support an
> > absolute width for columns, rather than a fraction of \textwidth?
>
> None that I know of, but it could be of some use. Do you want to provide
> a patch?

I could try, but not in the near future. Hm, now what is that thing that reminds me to do something, even weeks or months later? Oh right, org-mode ;-)

Oddly enough, absolute lengths achieve the desired effect: If I write a column width as 5cm, it appears in LaTeX as "5cm\textwidth." LaTeX processes it as 5cm, but puts a confusing error in the log ("confusing" = the error's line number is at the end of the frame containing the columns environment with this odd width spec). So the patch would only correct the syntax and remove the error, but I expect it wouldn't change the PDF result.

hjh