[O] org-store-link calls external link type store functions twice?

From: Robert Adesam
Subject: [O] org-store-link calls external link type store functions twice?
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 21:51:37 +0200

Hi fellow orgmoders,

I am not sure this is a bug but in version 8.x storing a link using an external link type, org-store-link seems to call the external link type's store function twice... I noticed this as I use an external link type that asynchronous updates an external filedatabase and started to get random file lock errors -- the org-store-link second call to the external link type's store function sometimes came too quickly after the first one. :-) Also, I do not have this problem in version 7.x of orgmode.

Instead of reverting back to a previous version of orgmode I started to investigate -- attaching a patch that seems to help me anyway. It's not that well tested and maybe, as I am not that familiar with everything going on when storing a link using an external link type, it will break other things...

yours,
/robert

PS. I will not file a formal bug report as it might not be a bug, just me getting upset of a probable superfluous funcall...

M-x version:
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4) of 2013-04-14 on marid, modified by Debian
M-x org-version:
Org-mode version 8.0.2 (8.0.2-10-g3e1d83-elpa @ /home/robert/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130506/)