Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 09:06:50 +0200

Michael Brand writes:

> Does it make sense to put at least repeatable %s, but then also
> multiple and repeatable parameters for link abbreviations to the wish
> list? Or did I miss something else that supports also
> org-open-at-point, maybe Org macros?

When link abbreviations do not suffice, you can always write a link
definition in Lisp and add it with org-add-link-type.

For explanation and a practical example see:

info:org#Adding%20hyperlink%20types

Yours,
Christian

PS. If Org were to add a default geo: link type, I think it would make
sense to keep the parameters to a minimum, i.e. just the latitude and
longitude, without backend-dependent options such as Google Maps' "spn"
parameter. Though I can see how it would be useful.