Re: [O] Bug: org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid f unction: org-wit

From: Jean-Michel
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid f unction: org-with-silent-modifications [8.0 (8 .0-3-g7248fb-elpaplus <at> /home/gcharron/.e macs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20130418/)]
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 16:54:26 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Gilles,
>
> Gilles Charron writes:
>
> > Can't display agenda or sparse tree on org 8.0; (installed via elpa)
always reporting:

> > org-indent-add-properties: Invalid function: org-with-silent-modifications
>
> You probably hit the famous ELPA installation bug, which is mentioned
> early in the 8.0 release notes.
>
> When installing from ELPA, please do so from a fresh Emacs session
> where no Org function has been called.
>
> If you still have the bug, please consider using the .tar.gz
> distribution instead.

I had the same bug. I just uninstalled org-mode via the package manager,
then reinstalling it in a fresh session : org works perfectly now (at least
no bug found yet) !

Org-mode version 8.0.2 (8.0.2-2-g93da18-elpa @
/home/xxx/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130429/)
GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2012-10-13
on cw-bkp0, modified by Debian

JM