Re: [O] Patch for org-md, with optional GFM source code output

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Patch for org-md, with optional GFM source code output
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 19:49:14 +0200

Hello,

浅井 政太郎 <address@hidden> writes:

> Not sure this will be accepted,
> but personally it is very useful when I
> output org to md and publish it with octopress.

Thanks for your patch. Though, the very point of ox-md.el is to produce
vanilla flavour, not Octopress' or Github's.

You could create a derived back-end from it instead, e.g.
ox-md-octopress.el and request to put it in contrib directory. See
`org-export-define-derived-backend' for details.

> +(defun %string-prop (prop block)
> +  (let ((prop (org-element-property prop block)))
> +    (if prop prop "")))

This is not needed (and the namespace used is wrong: it should be
prefixed with `org-md-....' since there's no module in elisp). I suggest
to use `org-string-nw-p' instead.

> +(defun org-md-src-block (src-block contents info)
> +  "Transcode SRC-BLOCK element into Markdown format.
> +CONTENTS is nil.  INFO is a plist used as a communication
> +channel."
> +  (case org-md-src-style
> +    (indent (org-md-example-block src-block contents info))
> +    (github-flavored
> +     (concatenate

`concat' is sufficient here.

Nicolas Goaziou