[O] Problems with agenda search and restiction enabled

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: [O] Problems with agenda search and restiction enabled
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:34:27 +0200

Hello,

I want to perform an agenda search with a restriction to a subtree.

- C-c C-x < on the subtree
- org-agenda s <word>

I get the follwing backtrace

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 85127 226827)
  narrow-to-region(#<marker at 85127 in EmacsNotes.org> #<marker at 226827 in
EmacsNotes.org>)
  (if org-agenda-restrict (narrow-to-region org-agenda-restrict-begin
org-agenda-restrict-end) (widen))
  ... rest snipped ...

The values in args out of range are valid for point in the file
EmacsNotes.org.

When I start emacs -Q and minmal setup for org the error does not occur.

I did a little debugging with emacs -Q and found out that the error
occurs when I set the variable =org-agenda-text-search-extra-files= to
some files. Now not all files in this variable trigger the error. My
elisp is limited as are my debugging skills. Can someone direct my how
to proceed further.

This is on Win7 with emacs 24.2 and
Org-mode version 8.0.1
(release_8.0.1-4-g148f95 @ c:/daten/users/DE_hts2fe/git/org-mode/lisp/)