[O] org-src-notify-natively and variable-pitch-mode interaction

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: [O] org-src-notify-natively and variable-pitch-mode interaction
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:54:44 +0300

I am typically using variable-pitch-mode=t when editing org-files. But embedded source code I would like to have in a fixed-pitch font. This works well when org-src-notify-natively is nil, but when turned on, part of the source code syntax highlightening (in my case python) is also turned into using variable pitch font. I realize this is because neither org-mode nor the syntax highlightening engine have a full cover of the various semantic parts, but both rely on the default font for part of their markup. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks!
Dov