Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:07:40 +0200

Eric Schulte writes:

>> I've turned on the debugger, and there is something that I find a bit
>> strange. Here are the last few lines.
>>
>> ,----
>> |
>> load("/var/folders/68/fvntfrw92y50gkk_67rkhsfw0000gn/T/org-export-process77683E90"
>>  nil t)
>> |   command-line-1(("-l" "/Users/schmitta/.emacs.d/init.el" "-l"
>> "/var/folders/68/fvntfrw92y50gkk_67rkhsfw0000gn/T/org-export-process77683E90"))
>> |   command-line()
>> |   normal-top-level()
>> `----
>>
>> Why is it loading the second file first? Shouldn't it load init.el
>> first? Is it because of the "after-init-hook"?
>
> Yes, the starter kit waits to load on the after-init-hook so that the
> Emacs package system will be fully loaded.  That is why the other file
> you load on the command line is loaded first.

Then asynchronous export can't work, as it needs ox in that file. I've
changed my init.el to loading org before the after-init-hook, and I go
further but then I have an error about the "koma-letter" being
unknown. It seems that to go this way I would need to load all of my
export settings before the after-init-hook.

So going the route of having a special init file for that seems even
more relevant now. So I'll ask again: if I want to put some
configuration in another .org file, it is better to #+include it in my
main org configuration file, or to org-babel-load-file it?

Thanks again for your help,

Alan

PS: I really don't understand how configuration options that are loaded
in the after-init-hook can be used during asynchronous export. Is it
working for you (with a more usual org install)?