Re: [O] "Ignore following space" coding?

From: Hideki Saito
Subject: Re: [O] "Ignore following space" coding?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 01:20:39 -0700

Hello Bastien
Yeah, I figured "correctly" implementing this would be the biggest
thing. (I think it involves the implementation of the full
morphological analysis model into Emacs!)

> If I remember correctly, this was asked already once and we did try
> to find a solution, but nothing was good.

I was thinking in more of a quick hack / workaround that possibly
exists -- for instance, as "\" would escape the following letter (for
instance "\\" for "\") but that can cancel out the following
character, for example, when parsed through exporters. (Couldn't think
of any myself, so I was just curious.)

> Org (and Emacs?) heavily relies on distinguishing words with spaces,
> so maybe you should consider an Org file as you do consider a program
> file: spaces are often mandatory.  This is the case when you want to
> put some words in bold font.

I think I will take your suggestions, and perhaps, I might think of
some post-export processor that interact with exported LaTeX file
(where this is more pertinent in my case) to correct linguistic
irregularities.

Thank you for your insight on this!

Hideki Saito <address@hidden>
http://goo.gl/ErBLy